As part of the “body of Christ,” we are called to live in community with each other and with our neighbors in the Perry Creek area. (Acts 17:26-27; Rev. 22:2). We long to be a church that is a blessing to the people around us.
We value community, therefore we long to be a church that:
- Is Multi-Ethnic, representing the face of the community around us
- Saturates our neighborhood with the gospel
- Reaches out and blesses the community around us
- Welcomes people into the community, celebrates and mourns with the community, and is known as a place of care and help
From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands. 27 God did this so that they would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though he is not far from any one of us. 28 ‘For in him we live and move and have our being.’[b] As some of your own poets have said, ‘We are his offspring. Acts 17:26-28
Click to read and download the following sermons:
Our Community discusses:
- The Priority of Community
- The Practice of Community
The Community discusses two questions from The Parable of the Good Samaritan:
- How should I treat my neighbor?
- Who is my neighbor?
Click Here to listen to and read other sermons.